Mental Health First Aid - 2 Day MHFA Accredited Training Course
2 Day Accredited Course
On completion of the Adult MHFA Two Day Course you will qualify as a Mental Health First Aider.
Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) have:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and factors that can impact well-being
- Practical skills to spot both the triggers that may cause and signs of mental health decline
- Confidence to step in, assess, reassure and support a person in crisis or distress
- Interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help a person improve their health by guiding them to further support – such as self-help resources, employment bases assistance, the NHS, or a combination of support.
The course is conducted across four manageable sessions. Learning is through a mix of group activities, instructor presentations and open discussions, each session is built around the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
The course is limited to 16 people per course, this is so the instructor can develop and maintain a safe and supported environment while delegates learn.
Each person who completes the course receives:
- A manual to refer to when needed
- A workbook which includes a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance confirming you are a Mental Health First Aider