Mental Health First Aid - 1/2 Day MHFA Awareness Course
Adult half day awareness course
The half day course is an introductory four-hour session to build an understanding of mental health.
The aim of the course is to give you:
- Understanding of what mental health is and how to challenge the stigma surrounding mental health illness
- A basic knowledge of common mental health issues
- An introduction into looking after and maintaining your own mental health needs and well-being
- Confidence to support a person in distress or that may be experiencing a mental health issue
Learning is based around a combination of presentations, group discussions and activities. We have a maximum number of 25 people per course so that the instructor can develop and maintain a safe and supported environment while delegates learn.
Each person who completes the course receives:
- A manual to refer to when needed
- A workbook which includes a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are Mental Health Aware